PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR NEEDED
Job Title: Director of Public Works
Reports to: City Administrator
The City of Palmer is accepting applications for a full-time Director of Public Works. This position works under the direction of the City Administrator.
The purpose of this position is to oversee and manage the Public Works Department which is currently comprised of equipment services, streets, water, wastewater, parks/recreation grounds. This is accomplished by planning and implementing projects, overseeing budget expenditures, and assisting the City Administrator on developing long range goals.
Duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- a good knowledge of the operation of various tools/equipment
- supervising and performing more skilled work in the installation, maintenance and replacement of water and wastewater lines, wastewater treatment plant and all associated equipment thereof.
- perform other related duties assigned by the City Administrator
Essential Job Functions:
- supervises the maintenance and repair of water main, fire hydrants, valves, and equipment necessary for the continuous operation of the water distribution lines and systems.
- supervises the maintenance and repair of wastewater treatment plant, and equipment necessary for the continuous operation of the wastewater distribution lines and systems.
- maintains a long-term schedule for upgrades, repairs and replacement of water lines and wastewater lines.
- selects, assigns, directs and evaluates the work of crews engaged in the installation, maintenance and repairs of wastewater and water utility systems
- compiles and maintains accurate written and computerized records
- inspects work in process and completed projects
- locates supply sources for replacement and repair parts for wastewater and water system
- keeps inventory of parts used to maintain the wastewater and water distribution lines
- available to work crews after hours
- performs related work as required
Experience: Five (5) years’ experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of wastewater treatment plant. Five (5) years supervisory with wastewater and water distribution lines. TCEQ Class “C” water and wastewater certification. Thorough knowledge of material, methods, equipment and techniques used in repair and construction of wastewater and water lines.