Skip to content
  • City Council Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:30 pm

Public Information Request

The City of Palmer has many documents available ONLINE.

However, if you can’t find what you are looking for, Texas Government Code, Chapter 552 gives you the right to access government records; we are not allowed to ask why you want them. While all government information is presumed to be available to the public, certain exceptions may apply. Governmental bodies are required to promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought.

Citizens have the right to:

  • Prompt access to information that is not confidential or otherwise protected;
  • Receive a written statement of estimated charges, when charges will exceed $40, in advance of work being started and opportunity to modify the request;
  • Choose whether to inspect the requested information, receive copies of the information at current adopted administrative fees, or both;
  • View the information promptly and if it cannot be produced within 10 working days, the public information officer will notify the requester in writing of the reasonable date and time it will be available. The City may request an Attorney General opinion and state which exceptions apply and notify the requester of the referral within 10 working days. The Attorney General must make a decision no later than the 45th working day from the day after the Attorney General received the request.

Procedures to Obtain Information


Mail, fax, email or submit in writing in person.

  1. Include enough description and detail about the information requested to enable us to accurately identify and locate the information you requested. You will be charged a reasonable copy fee if you need copies.
  2. We may ask you to clarify the type or amount of information requested. Please bear with us while electronic records exist for many documents created in the past few years, older records are stored away in boxes, and searching them has to be done between normal daily activities.

For further questions, please contact City Hall.